I made some icons at work for one of our clients- the Make an Impact Schools challenge. There are 9 challenges they present to help people make an impact and be more green. My job was to come up with icons to match. I sketched some ideas, then after finalizing the ideas, drew better versions of them. After scanning them in I tweaked them a bit, but they still retain the hand drawn look and feel. Here’s the list:
- Don’t let the water run, use cold water from the tap
- Turn down the thermostat at night and when you leave the house
- Ride your bike instead of using a car or carpooling
- Recycle 5 cans, 5 plastic bottles and 1/2 pound of paper every week at your school
- Turn off your lights, use natural light
- Replace your incandescents with CFLs
- Reduce your shower time by 5 min. every day
- Use power strips and unplug them when not in use
- Complete the MAI carbon emissions calculator with your family
Can you guess which icons stands for what?
My co-worker also thought that it would be a cool tshirt:
I liked this project because it reminded me of the work of one of my favorite illustrators, Kate Bingaman Burt.